Saturday, August 15, 2009

arrivals


...a Twenty dollar stamp-sized visa plastered into my passport...
...a fruitless expensive exchange with an engineer from tech support...
..no bars on my cell phone, no Becky in my bed,
ghosts and crossed wires swimming in a cloud around my head
jeglagged and zombified
mind swimming through a body clock override
i stand staring at a view i've wondered about for years
Asia and Europe intersect here
the woman i love a world away
caught somewhere behind me when i lost a day
in the air
this is where i begin to transform
into a writing machine hired to perform
i listen and transcribe
process and refine
until collectively everyone's words
distill down to mine...

down the rabbit hole i descend again
every crossroads is a crucible filled with hustlers and friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment